Friday, March 30, 2012

Goals for the Tough Mudder


Alright peeps, here's how it is, and how it's going to be.

Goal; Compete in and finish the Tough Mudder in Utah on October 13th (may be the 14th but 13th's what I'll go with until I know differently!)

Here's my checkpoints, I've signed up for a 5.5 mile mud run on June 2nd, and a 5k on August 31st. That way I can get used to running in mud, and have sub-goals to work for! (subgoals are important to overall goalage)



June 2nd: the Dirty Dash, a 5.5 mile mud run in Midway Utah
August 31st: Man vs. Mud, a 3.2 mile mud run in

I have 200 days or so until the BIG ONE, and I've got to be in shape by then!

Right now I have a little weight to lose (I won't share exactly how much, just enough to be in running shape!)

Here's my other goalage
-Run 3 days a week
-Walk 5 days a week
-Do muscle strengthening 3 days a week
If you added that up and came up with 11 days in a weeks, then you're correct, but I am going to combine workouts so yay me!

Big Goals! I look at what I just wrote and think, maybe I should aim a little lower...nah, I really really really really really REALLY want to finish the Tough Mudder, and I have plenty of time to train according to my nutritionist. I have about 32 weeks to the race.... gotta get busy!

Okay, now you all know the innermost workings of an adventure-oriented mind. Who else has a big goal they are working towards? Is it reachable? Unreachable? Weight oriented? How about in your job? School? Life? Family? If you don't dream big, you won't accomplish anything!

My gift to myself is that by my 24th birthday, if I stick with this I will be in the best shape I've been in since high school, and I will be on my way to a healthy life. Plus I may buy some new shoes...maybe those red high heels....

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to do it barefoot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm debating doing this barefoot. I would really like to, but I've reviewed the course and I'm concerned that my feet may not be tough enough for the entire race. Barefoot Pros: fun, no worry about soggy shoes. Cons: the obstacles may be easier with more traction, and feet may give out. I am going to get a pair of Vibram Five-Fingers though! I'll be training in those a great deal, so I'll probably make a decision on this a little closer to the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure that you don't do too much barefoot or in Vibrams too soon as that can cause injury. Takes a while to build up but at the same time go for it.

    ReplyDelete