Monday, October 1, 2012

Don't Know if I'm Gonna Make It

One thing they didn't tell me when auditioning to work at the haunted house, how sheerly exhausting it is. It's late hours, on top of a second job. I'll get 5-6 hours of sleep a night (unless it's a weekend and then I get 4), luckily I will have time for a nap in the afternoon but still. My days in October will run something like this... up at 6am, out the door by 6:30 to be at work before 7. Get off work at 1, home by 1:30. Time to do whatever I've got to do like shove food at my face and do laundry and run errands and sleep, out the door by 5:20ish (usually 5:23) to pick up my passenger (she keeps me awake on the drive back and also works there). If it's a weeknight, I get in makeup, run around like crazy for 3 hours and then un-makeup myself and get home by 11:30. If it's a week end night, I run around like crazy for 5 hours after makeup and make it home by 1:30. Rinse and repeat.

One thing though, don't think I'd be able to do this if I was in school. Think about it, basically the same hours as what I outlined above, then worry about homework and extra-curricular activities if you're in them. All I have to do is put my body in certain places at certain times (of course, gotta be clean and supposedly dressed too)

So back to the physical exhaustion, it takes me 2-3 days to completely recover from one 5 hour weeknight, at least it did the first weekend. The second weekend I did two days in a row and I bounced back in 2 days so I was okay. This weekend I had two days in a row and I'm still recovering, here it is about 48 hours before I've got to head back. I've tried to nap but every time I fall asleep my heart starts racing and I wake up so I've given up. Gotta leave in an hour so I decided to do something a little less strenuous than sleeping (apparently). Not sure why the panic, but it might be something to do with the sip of energy drink I took this morning. I never drink that stuff, so it woke me up and I can't figure out why I'm still worried about this. I hope I get an easy character tonight, I really want something that I can just stand in a corner until people come along. I've been given the hard characters almost every night, a sewer rat who has to stand in a room filled with water and run around like crazy, a zombie in a huge room who is constantly on display and supposed to be moving, a clown in the clown maze, I just want something that is a pop-out scare.

I'm losing my taste for being scared, for watching horror movies, for things black and I find myself wanting to paint my nails pink for once, Pink, of all colors. It's weird, but I don't think I'm gonna want to even touch a horror movie ever again, it's like they put me in a quarantined house and I have to act a certain way to escape the evil that is there. So nervous. I hope I don't get the sewer rat, the strobe light room, the main zombie, anything with a full face mask. My skin is still recovering from the one night I forgot to completely wash everything off of my face, I am breaking out pretty bad although I think I've gotten it under control, just need to keep it healing. I had a huge zit on my chin that was so sore, finally it went to a whitehead and just burst when I poked it one evening. Disgusting I know, but there ya have it. Anyway, gonna go browse Youtube for a bit, no one reads this so I'm not worried about the zitage and the sleepage news. Have fun and peace out, think twice before you accept a job at a haunted house.

No comments:

Post a Comment