Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why Is It SO Hard To Get Ahead in Life?

I see something really interesting happening with my current generation of college-going or just-graduated college peeps. Little by little, we are dividing into 3 categories.

1. Moving forward, on, and up with life.
2. Immobile, staying the same
3. Taking gradual steps backwards.

By far and large, way too many people are on levels 2 or 3, very few are on level 1. I'm not really sure why this is, but that's the truth of it.

I'd like to think I'm on level 1, but in reality, I'm probably on level 3 with sporadic forays into level 2 or 3. Moving forward is really hard in life, and usually requires money and stuff. A lot of times hard work isn't even enough to really get ahead with life, which is pretty sucky when you think about it.

So where are you? Moving ahead, staying the same, or moving backwards. Think about it, change it, get out and live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment